HOPSports is the most researched Coordinated School Health Program to combine physical activity and physical education content enjoyed by all ages, interests, and skill levels. Streaming content incorporates easy-to-store durable products premised on the most effective way to engage and train students. Training tools are ideal for circuit training, with the user able to determine exercise combinations and incorporate own music choice. HOPSports adapts to small and large groups with equal effectiveness in the classroom, after-school program, workplace or home.
December's peer-review publication in the Journal of Applied Measurement documents HOPSports' efficacy:
- Effective classroom management tool
- Impacting positive behaviors by creating receptive learning environments
- Warmer and more effective student-teacher-parent interactions reported
- Improvement in student on-task behaviors
- Favorable contribution to student’s fundamental motor learning and social competency development
- Positive trend of psycho-physiological status with correlating improvement to student health
Journal of Applied Measurement (Vol. 16, No.4), Winter 2015
"Psychometric Properties of the Attitudes toward Physical Activity Scale: A Rasch Analysis Based on Data from Five Locations", Magdalena Mo Ching Mok, Ming Kai Chin, Shihui Chen, Arunas Emeljanovas, Brigita Mieziene, Michal Bronikowski, Ida Laudanska-Krzeminska, Ivana Milanovic,Milan Pasac, Govindasamy Balasekaran, Kia Wang Phua, and Daga Makaza"
70+ Countries and universities have partnered in various capacities and roles: content development, research procurement, and program implementation in local schools, districts, and communities. Designated Professors serve as subject experts, promoting content highlighting country and region-specific sports, fitness, health, and adventure. Future Leaders have been identified and mentored from participating universities, tasked with research development and program implementation coordinating university/community/school involvement.
Research-Backed Benefits of the HOPSports Training System
Award winning nonprofit Be Active North Carolina (BANC) commissioned a comprehensive independent research study of HOPSports. BANC, in conjunction with three North Carolina universities, concluded that HOPSports provides the foundation for active and healthy lifestyles:
- Increased activity in all students by 55%
- Increased activity levels for female students by 68%
- Increased activity levels in overweight and obese students by 23%
- Lessons exceeded the target for moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) by up to 20%
- Provides a 38% return on investment
After HOPSports was introduced, overweight and obese students had an activity level comparable to or greater than healthy weight students in traditional PE.